Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Home is where

I looked up the word "Home" in the dictionary and found 11 different meanings. The past few weeks this word has been occupying my thoughts. I've always considered the house I grew up in a home, even though for the last several years I haven't spent much time living there I always knew it was there if I ever needed to go back.

 A good friend of mine told me that home is where YOU are, no matter where you are, you are home.


Home (noun)-a environment offering security and happiness.



A lot of people think a home has to be a house. To me, home is trying to get some sleep on a crowded plane, home is responding to emails and networking online for more shoots while sitting in a cozy coffee shop, home is when I'm with my horses, they bring me my emotional comfort, Home is when I'm sitting on a bus listening to a strangers life story. Home is when I'm laughing with a friend until my ribs hurt. So there you have it! It may not be a traditional home, but it's my home.








No comments:

Post a Comment